13th Latino Film Festival with Cine + Mas SF.
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month,
from Paol TANGUY, LFSF Spanish Teacher | #3
¡Hola a todos!
¿Qué tal la Celebración del Mes de la Herencia Hispana?
This week, we're sharing new updates about the Hispanic Heritage Month, which began on SEPT 15 with the Mexican independence cry and the Fiesta de las Américas on SAT 18, and which will run until Friday, OCT 15, with in particular the celebration of Indigenous People's Day and Columbus Day which this year will take place on OCT 11.
This weekend learn and enjoy the hispanic culture through the 13th Latino Film Festival with Cine + Mas SF.
First screening: Friday OCT 01 at the Roxie Theater cinema (in Mission District, between Valencia St and the 16th)
- 42 feature films. 68 short films. 22 countries represented.
- A full online virtual festival and some in-person screenings from OCT 01 to 17.
- In-person screenings OCT 01, 03, 10 and 17 at the Roxie Theater
Visit the festival website or cinemassf.org for details on films and in-person screenings. Over 100 movies you can from home! Films by emerging and established filmmakers from the United States, Latin America, Spain and the United States. Some local films too.
Musical film from Puerto Rico titled 'Calle de la Resistencia' - In-Person Screening OCT 01; Virtual OCT 02-17. Watch the trailer.
To discover the full schedule of the various cultural events that will take place weekly until OCT 15 (and even the annual calendar of latinos events), here are some quick links:
- program per day: https://latinbayarea.com/
- and also: https://latinbayarea.com/event/2019-latino-independence-events-in-bay-area/
- Hispanic Heritage Month: https://www.hispanicheritagemonth.gov/
- 13th San Francisco Latino Film Festival : site Web du festival
- finally, annual Latin cultural program on SF, on: https://www.calle24sf.org/en/events/
Enjoy it, y ¡que viva la esencia latina! ;-)