Inauguration and Unveiling of School Mural
Wednesday, March 6, 2024 6PM to 7:15PM
Ortega campus |
We are delighted to announce the inauguration and unveiling ceremony of the mural created by the Artist in Residence, Ernesto NOVO, in collaboration with LFSF students.
The mural explores the themes of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which resonates deeply with the rich cultural tapestry of San Francisco and features eight local icons, each selected by our students and symbolizing the values inherent in our community, including:
- Maya ANGELOU - American memoirist, poet, and civil rights activist.
- Susan CERVANTES - American artist at the forefront of the San Francisco mural movement.
- Dominique CRENN - Only female Chef in the United States to attain three Michelin stars.
- Tom HANKS - American actor and filmmaker.
- Dolores HUERTA - American labor leader and civil rights activist.
- Bruce LEE - Hong Kong-American martial artist and actor.
- Harvey MILK - American politician and the first openly gay man elected to public office in California.
- Tommy ORANGE - an American novelist and writer from Oakland, California.
The event will feature our school musicians, speeches from guests, a conversation with guests and our artist, and the reveal our the beautiful collaborative artwork.
Our community is made of many ethnicities, ancestries, colors, religions, gender identities, family structures, abilities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, learning styles, and perspectives. We actively seek and welcome diversity in all forms. We pursue building a community of care and solidarity standing against racism and hate, cultivating a culture of belonging to continue making our school vibrant and inclusive.