Tuition and other fees
We understand that the greatest investment a family can make is in the education of its children and that the offering a multilingual education to your children is your priority. This is our motivation for keeping our tuition fees closely aligned with our operational costs therefore keeping them below most private schools in the Bay Area.
In addition, about 20% of our families receive need-based financial assistance.
Lycée Français de San Francisco is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization registered with the State of California and accredited by the French government, as well as by CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools), and WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
2018 • 2019 Tuition fees
- La Petite Ecole $16,680
- Preschool thru 5th Grade - $23,250
- 6th Grade thru 8th Grade - $24,680
- 9th Grade thru 12th grade - $30,510
* As a transitional measure, students enrolled in 6th through 8th grades at LFSF as of the end of the 2016/17 school year, who remain continuously enrolled at LFSF through 9th grade, will pay the tuition applicable to 6th to 8th grade students for 9th grade.
Except when tuition fees are paid by an employer, LFSF families qualify for a 5% tuition discount per child starting from the second child enrolled (Petite Ecole enrollees are not eligible).
FEES REQUIRED AT TIME OF Enrollment
Enrollment is confirmed upon reception of the signed Enrollment Agreement, along with the following payments.
One-time enrollment fee
- La Petite Ecole : $1,700
- Preschool to Grade 5 : $2,300
- Grades 6 • 8 : $2,500
- Grades 9 • 12 : $3,000