Every year, the LFSF Lycée Français de San Francisco, allocates a certain amount of its budget to school financial. You are encouraged to apply if you believe that your resources are inadequate to meet tuition costs.
Financial aid is granted to children attending Pre-School to Gr12 (there is no aid for La Petite Ecole), without regard to race, color, religious affiliation, national origin or ethnicity. Financial Aid decisions are made independently from admissions decisions.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
- DEC 05 2022 for returning students
- JAN 05 2023 for new students
Please contact: email@example.com if you missed the deadline.
financial need ASSESSMENT and decision
LFSF uses SSS by NAIS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid) to determine a family’s need. All requests for aid are strictly confidential. SSS will process your application when complete; and can if necessary ask you for more information. It is important to check all your emails from both SSS and our services. Incomplete files may be subject to delays or rejection.
After reviewing applications and documents, the LFSF Scholarship Committee makes the scholarship decisions. By submitting your application and all required documents by the deadline indicated above, you allow us to inform you of the Committee’s decision at the same time as the Admission decisions.
French families who qualify for a French Government scholarship (AEFE) must also apply with the consulate in February 2023. We encourage you to visit the French Consulate’s website to determine your potential level of financial aid. The school scholarship will be estimated and contingent upon applying for the AEFE Scholarship. Note that based on the French Government aid, your school scholarship may be adjusted.
The PFS (Parents Financial Statement) is a comprehensive online application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin.
Key information you need to know as you complete the PFS:
- Our school’s full name: Lycée Français de San Francisco
- Our school’s SSS code: 1907
To begin a financial aid application for the 2023-24 school year, families should follow the steps below:
- Go to the SSS portal and create your account.
If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2023-2024. You can log out of the PFS at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After submitting your PFS, you will be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $60 is non refundable.
- After submitting your PFS, you will have access to a section called “My Documents.” You can upload all the documents we require there.
- For a step-by-step instructions open the “Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook and instruction Booklet”
PLEASE NOTE: For divorced or separated families, the school expects both natural parents to contribute to the cost of education to the extent of their ability. SSS considers divorced parents living apart to be separate households, and as such, each parent should complete a separate PFS and upload all required documents. If the student lives with a step parent, the step parent must be included in the application and his/her documents must be uploaded.
How to submit required documents online:
- Documents can be saved in any of the following file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif.
- Remove any password protection from your PDFs. Name your documents according to their description prior to uploading.
- Return to the PFS Online, login and select the Academic Year 2023-2024 button.
- From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- Click on the "My Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking the upload button will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to upload the file.
- To upload additional documents required by LFSF (see list below) use the section “additional documents” at the bottom of the page.
- All required document listed below must be uploaded on the application.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
It is the parents' responsibility to complete the application will all required documentation.
SSS will wait for you to upload all documentation to process your file, incomplete files will be delayed.
Any missing documents applicable to your situation must be explained in your letter of request or on a separate statement.
For all families
Upload these under the section titled: "Other Required documents" AND the "additional documents" sections
- Letter of request detailing your financial situation and reason for financial aid request. We advise you to use our template.
- Last 3 months bank statements of personal account for each parent, business and/or foreign accounts.
- Latest investments statements (such as stocks, bonds, life insurance, or similar account that produce income ).
- Medical, unusual expenses and debt invoices if you have imputed such amounts in your PFS.
If you receive income in the US in 2021Upload these under the section titled: "Required documents tax year 2021"
- 2021 Tax Return - form 1040 with all schedules
- All 1099 forms for 2021 (Income, unemployment, interest, dividend etc. ….)
- If you are salaried :
- All 2021 W2s
- Both parents available 2022 pay stubs (for all salaried)
- If you are self-employed :
- Sole Proprietorship: 2021 Schedule C
- Partnership: 2021 K1 and 1065
- S-corporations: 2021 K1 and 1120S
- If your situation is affected by the current pandemic, add the following information under "additional documents":
- Monthly estimated Profit and Loss since January 2022 (For self-employed)
- Letter of termination, furlough or change of income from the employer
- If employment has terminated: Unemployment insurance benefit statement
And /or if you received income in a foreign country in 2021Upload these under the section titled: "Additional Documents (Non-Required Documents Can be Loaded Here)"
- Both parents’ latest 2022 pay stub
If you had multiple jobs upload all pay stubs
- All 2021 Pay stubs
- 2021 Foreign Tax Return (on 2020 income)
If you are divorced/separated/remarried Upload these under the section titled: "Additional Documents (Non-Required Documents Can be Loaded Here)"
- If the student lives with a step parent, the step parent must be included in the application and his/her documents must be uploaded
- Divorce decree ; highlight all information concerning tuition payments, alimony and child support
- If only one parents apply for the scholarship additional documentation will be required
If a parent or child is a French citizen: Verify your eligibility for a French Government scholarship
Indicate in your letter of request:
- If you plan on applying for a government scholarship in February 2023
- If you think you are not eligible, please explain why.
- If you arrive in the US after March 2023, add the date of arrival in your letter. You will have to apply for a government scholarship in the Fall of 2023.
Click here if you need help uploading your documents
Incomplete files may be subject to delays or rejection
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to request additional information.
Families in need of financial help must reapply each year.