An important part of the Application Journey is the Assessment. It varies depending on the age of the applicant and the nature of his/her current education system.
Why do we assess applicants, especially the youngest ones?
- To capture a comprehensive, baseline assessment across all applicants and across multiple developmental domains (language, gross or fine motor skills,...)
- To provide a snapshot of the applicant’s personality
- To understand how to best support the prospective student in our unique learning environment
- To assist in creating balanced class groups
For Applicants to LPE, Preschool, Pre-K or K
- Assessment will rely on parents submitting a series of three short parent-administered videos of 1-2 mins each
- The applicant will respond to short prompts
- Flexibility with filming on parent phone from their own home
- Easy for parents to upload videos to Veracross
- Limited material and supplies necessary
Note to K applicants: if you are applying to other private schools in the ISSFBA group and have already produced an assessment video, we will accept this video in lieu of our assessment video. K applicants will also be invited on campus for a playdate.
- They are specific to each grade level and you will find all the details in your Veracross checklist.
- Start the video by clearly asking the prompt. Feel free to restate the prompt as you see fit to help get your child fully engage in this exercise.
- You can be in the video or prompting the child while filming.
- Videos can be filmed on a phone (.MOV or .MP4) in a vertical or horizontal format. We are not looking for a professionally filmed video with perfect lighting or angles. Videos should not be edited, but rather 1-2 minutes each of continuous filming.
- Conversation in the video can be conducted in English or French
**Submitted videos will be part of the applicant file. They will therefore be confidential and viewed only by the Admissions Committee to get to know your child through the application process.
- The videos will be uploaded directly onto the Veracross Applicant Checklist (item : Assessment Videos)
- Multiple video files can be uploaded under the same checklist item