Introducing the international track
LFSF is adding an IB* powered international track to its offer: students and families can now choose between two tracks! Learn more here about the International Track to understand which one of these programs is a best fit for you!
The French Track delivers the well regarded French immersion curriculum, composed of the French National curriculum and a solid US program.
The French Track leads to the international French Baccalaureate (Section internationale Americaine) . as well as the US High School diploma.
The International Track proposes a rigorous English focused program with an outstanding French language acquisition curriculum. It is delivered using the International Baccalaureate (IB)* platform.
The iTrack leads to a IB Bilingual diploma as well as the US High School diploma.
The International Track is a continuous program that, from Kindergarten/Gr1 to Gr12, focuses on international-mindedness through multilingualism. Students study in English and are introduced to French, as we believe that communicating in more than one language helps students to appreciate that his or her own language, culture and world view are just one of many.
The International track in Elementary school
The program marks the start of the International Track. It develops caring and culturally aware children to become active participants in their own learning. It is developed under the PYP (Primary Years Program) of the International Baccalaureate program.
The International track in Middle School
Building a solid academic foundation, the program develops students’ confidence in managing their own learning and making connections between learning in the classroom and the real world. It is developed under the MYP (Middle Years Program) of the International Baccalaureate program.
The International track in High School
- Grade 9 and 10 : the MYP program extends into the first two years of High School.
- Grade 11 and 12: the future-ready DP (Diploma Program) program builds students’ inquiring mindset, fosters their desire to learn, and prepares them to excel at their careers and lead meaningful lives.
In Fall 2024*, the iTrack will welcome students at several points of entry :
- In K and Gr1, on the Sausalito campus
- In Gr6 and 7, on the Ortega campus
- In Gr9 , on the Ortega campus
At each level, students can start their international journey and expect a continuous program to their bilingual diploma.
*The full range of levels will gradually open within the next two years.
In launching a new international track, LFSF was guided by its mission.
- The IB system and its approach to learning is validated by international research and more than 45 years of practical experience.
- The iTrack brings together the IB experience with the 50+yrs of LFSF demonstrated know-how in educating bilingual and global minded students
Our implementation team for the International Track hosted their first informational meeting on Monday. They were joined by IB development manager and LFSF alum Chloé Suberville. Together they focused on explaining in more depth, the IB approach that will be used in the International Track.