“Our AEFE conventioned and CAIS accredited school is based on the academically rigorous French curriculum while incorporating key elements of the American educational system, preparing our multilingual and multicultural K12 students for success at the most prestigious universities and beyond.”
“To create true global citizens by combining the best of French and American educational systems.”
The Lycée Français de San Francisco (LFSF) was founded in San Francisco in 1967, under the name Lycée Français la Perouse, by a group of parents and teachers to provide a French program of education that adheres to the highly respected curriculum of France’s national education. Classes were first held in the basement of the Orthodox Church on Geary , with a total enrollment of just 20 students. In its early years, LFSF moved to Fort Mason, and in 1983 purchased its own building on Balboa Street.
In 1986, the Marin County French School in Sausalito merged with , adding a Marin County campus for students in preschool through Grade 5. In 1996, LFSF moved from Fort Mason to 755 Ashbury Street, where we currently welcome students in preschool through Grade 5. In 2006, our middle and high schools moved to a newly renovated facility at 1201 Ortega Street. In 2012, in order to better reflect our mission and honor our wonderful locations in the Bay Area, the name was officially changed to the Lycée Français de San Francisco.